Xiaomi Mi 4i is one of Xiaomi's flagships that were launched few months ago (as of the time of writing this post). The smartphone runs on android operating system (OS v5.0.2 Lollipop) which is powered by a quad-core processor with 1.7 GHz clock speed.
The Xiaomi Mi 4i is also coupled with a 2GB RAM which is supported by a 16GB internal built memory. Read more about Xiaomi Mi 4i specs.
Rooting and installation of TWRP on Xiaomi Mi 4i renders users an administrative operation on their device and it also creates a doorway towards installing custom roms on our device, thereby retaining users backup.
Today's stroll, I would brief you guys on an easy guide to install TWRP recovery and root Xiaomi Mi 4i.
Disclaimer: Any of this process would void the warranty of your device, and you are fully advised to take full backup of your device before proceeding through the guide.
» Install ABD drivers on your computer from Here.
» Also download and install Xiaomi Mi 4i drivers from Here.
» Download Xiaomi Mi 4i toolkit on your PC.
How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi4i
1. Firstly, download the Xiaomi toolkit from the link provided above, then unzip the file, and open the toolkit exe file.
2. Next, enable USB debugging mode on Xiaomi Mi 4i android.
3. Once you've enabled USB debugging on your device, then connect your device to your PC.
4. After that, launch the toolkit exe file (the one you unzip in step 1), and a command prompt like window would be displayed.
5. Now, in other to install TWRP recovery, press number Key 2 from your keyboard and hit Enter, while to root your Xiaomi Mi 4i device, simply press number key 1 and hit Enter.
Once the rooting process is completed, simply press number key 5 from your keyboard to exit the toolkit application, and disconnect your device from your PC.
That's it, reboot your Xiaomi Mi 4i android and enjoy the advantages of installing TWRP custom recovery and root of your device.
How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi4i (Easy Guide)
4/ 5Oleh Anyikwa chinonso